Some of my new international students have asked me to give them advice on where to eat in London, so here I am with the list of my favourite restaurants. Please feel free to add more suggestions!
- Thai Square: I normally go to the on on Shaftesbury Avenue: outstanding! #thai
- Tas, there is another one at London Bridge equally good: cheap and delicious #turkish
- Sagar in Covent Garden, really amazing! Did I mention cheap? #vegetarian #indian
- Bali Bali in Shaftesbury Avenue #indonesian
- Kasturi in Leytonstone High road #indian #nepalese
- Kulu Kulu in Covent Garden #japanese
- Gaucho in Canary Wharf #argentinian
- Anatolia Cafe in Leyton: beautiful, unpretentious #turkish
- O'Neill's Pub in front of the British Library and in Leytonstone (and probably elsewhere!) #irish
- King Edward VII in Stratford: gastro pub #british
- In Westfield at Stratford we tried so far the Vietnamese, Caribbean, Chinese, Malaysian: all great!
- Colbeh at Edgwar Rd #persian
- Thailander in Stratford #thai
- Le pain quotidien in South Kensington, but others are not bad either #belgian
Good & cheap eats:
Rada cafe on Malet St.
My Old Place, nr Liverpool St #chinese
India Club on the Strand, 5 mins from KCL. #indian
Somine, Mangal 1, Numera 19 Bos Cirrik, all on Kingsland Rd / Stoke Newington High St, #turkish
And for vegetarians (and all people who like good food): Food for Thought, 31 Neal Street, in Covent GardenReplyDelete
More veggie options that we like:ReplyDelete
Maoz, a chain, yes, but cheap, delicious falafels, large portions, seating limited: http://www.maozusa.com/restaurants/locations/london
Mandalous, local chain, tasty lebanese (we only go to the chelsea location): http://www.mandaloun.com/chelsea.htm